Should I get Olympus 12-32mm for EPM1 (rather than Panasonic)?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RHB
RHB
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Should I get Olympus 12-32mm for EPM1 (rather than Panasonic)?
10 months ago

I have an EPM1. I would like to buy a really small light pancake normal zoom. I did not buy the Panasonic 14-42 Panasonic X because of advice I got here about its' problems.

Now Panasonic has the new small 12-32mm, and Olympus is coming out with a 12-32mm as well.

I am not well versed in the terminology but here goes:

My question is would I be well advised to get the Olympus rather than the Panasonic? I'm thinking that the Olympus camera might be able to handle the ?barrel distortion(s) from the widest angles of the lens somehow in software, with presumably the Olympus software/firmware doing a better job of this. Would the Panasonic lens be "correctable" like this somehow on the Olympus body? Or will the Olympus body somehow be able to handle this issue with any m4/3 lens?

I'm basically happy with the quality of my S95 too, so the nuances of lens quality are not super important: I want "good enough" and small and light.

My assumption is that both lenses are about the same price.

Thanks so much, Ralph B

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow