Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
funkag
Regular MemberPosts: 349
Like?
k-3 Dynamic Range Question
5 months ago

I'm looking at buying either the K3 or the Nikon D7100, which will be used mostly for landscape and macro work.

The K3 is winning right now, especially with its weather sealing and its matching weather-sealed 100mm macro.

However, the D7100 has a significant advantage over everyone else in holding details in highlights (as per dpreview's tests), and more than a few flowers I shoot are white, and have always been a challenge with my current Canon 60d.

It looks like the K5 IIs clips relatively early and abruptly compared to the D7100 (or I'd have bought it already!) - does anyone have any experience with this on the K3?

Sony's 24mp sensor in the NEX7 and A77 can't quite match the Nikon, and I'm not sure if it is the same sensor in the K3 or not.

It would be great if dpreview would get its K3 review done.....

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D Nikon D7100 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 IIs Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow