Re: 2 for sale starting at $1700?
In reply to SeymourButts, 10 months ago

SeymourButts wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

SeymourButts wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

tissunique wrote:

But they gave no specific figures on sales they just said it had sold well

Even if it was a modest seller it is better than a sell out with a large chunk of cameras that are defective and need to be serviced.

I think there are a whole lot of reasons it could never be a sell out, from lack of interest, to the 4 different units (in the US). Regardless I believe the representations made by Nikon because I think they could easily be called out on them.

I remain hopeful there will be a price adjustment, it seems that may get Df's into more users hands and I think they would really enjoy it. When the D700 dropped to $2350 in June 2009, I jumped.

Anyway... as I said before it is a good thing for us as Nikon shooters if the sales are good and the quality control is back on track.

I agree Pat. When the price settles down to where it should be for a camera with very limited features as the DF , Then and only then would I even consider it. Then on the other hand that will never because all the people who purchased it at it current price will fell that Nikon screwed them over..

$1600 seems a bit high. I was thinking $950 at the most... Or they could work out a lens sale where they give the Df? I don't know. It just seems you could sell more at $950 then at $1600, no?

Say hi to salami for me!

That price sounds about right for refurbished. Where may I find one at this price?

There are a couple of unhappy shooters with them. They will likely sell it for cheap! Some have very funny screen names and few posts. Perhaps you can do a search.

But don't fret if that doesn't work. There are posters who have a lot of friends who own camera shops. Apparently they may have to rent storage lockers for all of their Df stock! Oh happy day!

Keep an eye on Groupon!!!

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow