Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
masterofdeception
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Love for the OVF
8 months ago

I've had an X-Pro 1 since it was first available, and I have to say that I still love the OVF as an option. There have been many times when I've needed it in bright light when the EVF just won't do. 
Also, it gives that "rangefinder feel" that just feels special, and I guess for a lot of users is also great for composition (not so much for me as I'm very left eyed and my right eye is therefore blinded by the camera but that's OK).

First impressions the XT-1 looks great, I have to say.  But I'm going to wait (or try and wait) for the X-Pro 2, for the form factor, but mainly for the OVF if Fuji think it's worth keeping.  I certainly do, though I'm surprised by the number of times I've been shooting with the EVF so perhaps I'm ripe to be converted and the XT-1 could be the Fuji camera that convinces me.

Anyway, just wanted to shout out my love for the OVF!  I won't let go of my X-Pro 1 ever, just too good and ticks 90% of my needs.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow