Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
2 for sale starting at $1700?
In reply to SeymourButts, 7 months ago

SeymourButts wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

tissunique wrote:

But they gave no specific figures on sales they just said it had sold well

Even if it was a modest seller it is better than a sell out with a large chunk of cameras that are defective and need to be serviced.

I think there are a whole lot of reasons it could never be a sell out, from lack of interest, to the 4 different units (in the US). Regardless I believe the representations made by Nikon because I think they could easily be called out on them.

I remain hopeful there will be a price adjustment, it seems that may get Df's into more users hands and I think they would really enjoy it. When the D700 dropped to $2350 in June 2009, I jumped.

Anyway... as I said before it is a good thing for us as Nikon shooters if the sales are good and the quality control is back on track.

I agree Pat. When the price settles down to where it should be for a camera with very limited features as the DF , Then and only then would I even consider it. Then on the other hand that will never because all the people who purchased it at it current price will fell that Nikon screwed them over..

$1600 seems a bit high. I was thinking $950 at the most... Or they could work out a lens sale where they give the Df? I don't know. It just seems you could sell more at $950 then at $1600, no?

Say hi to salami for me!

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow