Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
enemjii
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125Gear list
Like?
compared to others
In reply to enemjii, 7 months ago

enemjii wrote:

Ray Ritchie wrote:

I think it's actually quite difficult. First of all, you can't truly disregard the megapixel count entirely, because a 36 MP Bayer is clearly going to win over a 4.7 MP Foveon, and a 16 MP Foveon is more than likely going to win over a 16 MP Bayer. And it's certainly possible to pick subject material that favors one technology or the other. And finally, the test needs to be done by someone with expertise in subjective testing and without an axe to grind - and that seems especially hard.

-- hide signature --

Respectfully, I disagree that we cannot disregard megapixel count. That is for the bean counters who need key metrics to define success. A warm and fuzzy opinion does not cut it for them.

It is possible, and I would really appreciate if somebody who owns Sigma and other Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji brands to provide a side by side comparison.

Search and ye shall receive.

Here is one such person. this is a foveon DP2 sensor compared to a FF Sony A850. Can you say which is which without looking up the original article?

One more

enemjii's gear list:enemjii's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
110New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow