Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10... Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,594Gear list
Re: Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10...
In reply to zkz5, 8 months ago

zkz5 wrote:

captura wrote:

The new Sony A6000 will be smaller, higher IQ, faster and cheaper. Similar rangefinder-type styling.

faster? How do you know that? Have you used one?

I tried a 5T two months ago. One major annoyance of mine was that when cycling through the mini/quick menu thing it would take around half a second to move from one menu item to the next.

Sony isn't the only camera maker to have this problem, but one thing I've liked about every Panasonic body I've owned is the responsiveness of the user interface. I never see any delays like that.

Early reviews are showing that the A6000 is indeed a speedy little brute.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-a6000_Digital-Camera_review

Faster than the 5R/T or 6, going from 10fps to 11fps, with no hunting. 179 AF points on the sensor for PDAF pixels. More importantly, tracking performance as good as the Nikon 1.(with much better resolution.)

I own both a 5R and a 1-J1. Currently, if I want really fast AF, tracking + time-lapse photography I use the Nokon 1. But I'll be getting the A6000 and selling my NEX-3 and my NEX-5R.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow