Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,483Gear list
Like?
Re: serious
In reply to jennyrae, 5 months ago

jennyrae wrote:

define serious player? because cannot comprehend what is mean by this. is NX30 not serious equipment?

Others have already responded to this, but just take a look at this Viking79's feature request thread: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53145467 to get an idea for the kind of things that NX1 needs to be "serious".

Samsung needs to have a camera, that is utterly reliable and responsive in ways, that we've learned to have our DSLR's. No lag, no waiting for buffer to clear, AF-lock button, good mechanical quality, weather sealing, etc etc. There's a lot of basic features that the Samsung cameras don't offer that you can get from a very cheap DSLR (like no lag and better AF features). For example, Olympus' u43 E-M1 offers top of the line AF, weather sealing, very little lag, a lot of customisabilty, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot that I love in Samsung NX (as I guess most people here know), but I also see room for improvement. I think Samsung should go all out in the way of Fuji, Olympus and recently Sony in how they provide features for their cameras. I wish Samsung won't hold back, when they introduce the NX1. I don't want it to be a "simple" camera, I want it to have everything that an enthusiast or a pro would want.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Taffy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow