"But at low ISO nothing can beat this camera." - CEO SIGMA

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,921
Like?
Re: Lets hope Sigma have made a big leap forward!
In reply to Sonyshine, 9 months ago

Sonyshine wrote:

We shall see - I have often been tempted to get a Sigma camera but the negatives ( especially RAW software) have always out weighed the positives.

I would be very tempted by this new camera if they have fixed many of the disadvantages of their cameras and kept their stunning IQ - even if high ISO is none too clever.

That's the big question for me, they seem to have changed the sensor layout towards something rather more conventional involving more interpolation. One 20 MP layer for luminescence and two 5 MP layers for colours rather than triple 15 MP layers.

Personally I think if Sigma are really going to make money from this tech on the scape they do from lenses then they probably need to sell sensors to someone else. That would solve alot of their handling issues more likely which are probably mostly down to a lack of investment. It would also mean that even if the camera is designed for base ISO performance it would still have a market, people could own a conventional body plus a Sigma sensor body and use the same lenses on both.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
110New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow