For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,495Gear list
Like?
Re: For those who thought the Df flopped...
In reply to curlyone, 6 months ago

curlyone wrote:

Hi Pluton, I'm not asking you or anybody else to accept mine or anybody elses opinion on anything, but if you go to the DPREVIEW website and read their review on this camera and read their conclusions you might see were i'm coming from, or are you going to say their reviews are rubbish too .

It's interesting how things like the word "crippled" get repeated.  I think the main point is that folks are commenting about the camera (or giving opinions) based on reviews, what others say (or have said), etc., and haven't used the camera.

Just an observation in this forum (and it's human nature), people will defend their purchase and poo poo on others.  It's makes them feel better about themselves and relieves insecurity and helps reinforce they made a good decision to either buy what they have, or not buy the alternative.  It doesn't really matter what it is, it just happens to be the Df now.

Regarding the AF, I've used my brother's D800 significantly and his AF is crippled.  Had the d7000 and while I didn't have any major issues, it was still quirky, so maybe it was crippled.  All I know is I haven't had any issues in any situation with the Df AF, so the crippled AF is pretty good IMO.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow