Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WSLam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,036Gear list
Like?
X-T1, α7R and D800e side by side
5 months ago

Fujifilm X-T1 with Fujinon 35/1.4 (50mm eq)

Sony α7R with Zeiss FE55/1.8

Nikon D800e with AF-S Nikkor 58/1.4

I sold my Nikkor 50/1.4 already, only have this 'beast' of a normal lens left, so the Nikon setup has been 'blown up'... it can be smaller.

This side by side also really shows that the α7R is really quite an engineering achievement. It is practically the same size as the X-T1 but packs a FF sensor.

The X-T1 imho, has the best ergonomics and feel the best in hands, especially with the optional vertical grip.

I personally also find the X-T1 easiest to operate, not only because of all the physical dials, but also because they are all logically and sensibly placed!

I am waiting for Lightroom support for X-T1 RAW files before I will compare their IQs, but Fuji's JPGs are always top notch.

I personally find the X-T1 to be the most handsome. Obviously this does not affect the outcome of your photos, but it just looks right.

BTW, D800e may have the fastest AF (X-T1 seems to be about the same if not faster in good light, but under low light, D800e seems to have the edge. Sony is not even on the same league), but the D800e has the least ACCURATE AF (especially when you use one of the non-cross type AF sensors).

Fun times ahead. But it does look like that it is a matter of time for DSLRS to go from mainstream to become a niche for some special applications.

-- hide signature --

too many cameras...

WSLam's gear list:WSLam's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-2 Sony RX1R Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica M9 +39 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow