Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10... Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,804Gear list
Re: Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10...
In reply to rube39, 10 months ago

rube39 wrote:

Nobody mentioned the Nikon V1.

My wife moved from a D40 to the V1, and really appreciates the size and how easy it is just to shoot with. The kit lens is fine, the 30-110 (28 -300 mme) is great, and the 18.5 (50mme) is small, fast and excellent. I realize that the Nikon mirrorless gets short shrift on most forums, but for someone who wants something small, cheap, easy to use and with a number of useful lenses, it deserves consideration. Plus it has the fastest AF around. And a built in EVF.

The Nikon 1 system isn't bad, its just that the cameras are about the same size as the Olympus EPLx and EPMx and GF6, with a much smaller sensor and a limited selection of lenses. I and a majority here would get a GM1 before one of those.

That said, I've got my eye on the Nikon AW1 two-lens kit to replace my Olympus Tough TG1 camera for snorkeling, etc.. It's a decent compact, but there are things about it that irritate me. The AW's image quality is much better and the 10mm lens looks good. A nice compact little kit.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow