ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 795Gear list
Like?
"Stuck at Home" photography (By XZ-1)
6 months ago

Hello fellow members,

As some of you, who regularly following the forums, recently I was at home for past 6 days in row. Damned this flu anyway.

At somepoint , I decided to rest my keyboard to type comments here & there in DPR or other places and want to take photos... Not with my new (PM1) camera but by good old XZ-1

Feels like we got early spring this year, Or the weather itself is preety sick that it does not know "It is winter now! It must be cold !" Besides its +2 celcius. And sun was shinnig. No snow on the pines anymore. Anyway, when you are at home, what kind of photography can be done ?

How about Long Exposure / Slow shutter photography !

I got those power plant chimneys that they can seen from here. So lets add some filters and open built in ND filter on XZ-1

Small vignetting, at more than 2 filters. But It was not bother, because its a teleshot.

I tried in different types such as 60 seconds. But even it was F8 apetture, still image was so bright to use hence you can´t see here. '

Here how it seen, as any hand held case.

20 sec.

30 sec.

At somepoint I also used TCON 17x, but they became little bit boring. As tele it goes, the unique form of the smoke stays off the composition. So its better to keep it wider, without it. And I here also a monocorme version

20 sec.

Lacking of focusing areas (14 areas on XZ-1 vs 35 areas on E-PM1), it my show the crane and chimneys a bit out of focus, even on this sharp lens. Well, its one of the reasons why I go M43 direction. (Thanks to Aaron´s advices at some points )

So thats it for now, For the ones who want to see the optical set, visit my flickr page . I will upload them soon. And you can compare smilar photography on my E-PM1 + 40-150mm.

I wish heathy days to all.

Cheers.

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Nokia Lumia 1520 +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow