Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eenymac
Contributing MemberPosts: 917Gear list
Like?
Just bought a Tamron 300mm F2.8
9 months ago

The old 60B model.  Very good condition and no visible internal dust, with 1.4x and 2x TC's, original case with strap and 2 x drop-in filters for £490.00.  Ordered a PKA adapter soon as I won the lens on ebay and had it all delivered yesterday.

First impressions - SOLID!  A bit heavy but not too bad, although I think I'll be using the tripod a lot more while sitting waiting for the Kingfishers to show at my usual spot.

Already had a play and IQ wise it looks very good / sharp (don't even think I'll need any micro adjustment) and with the 1.7x AFA, which will be attached most of the time, there appears to be little if any impact.  I think I am going to like this.... a lot!

I'll post some images as soon as I get a chance to get out and use it.  Need to find a good case for carrying it in while out in the field, and a waterproof cover and I'll be all set.

An early birthday present I think.....unless anything else catches my eye.

eenymac's gear list:eenymac's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow