FE 16-35mm f4 UW zoom

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,444Gear list
Like?
Re: FE 16-35mm f4 UW zoom
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 6 months ago

Donny out of Element here wrote:

is rumored to be announced in a month or so. I was wondering if I can start using FE lenses on APS-C body (A6000), so that in future (when I go FF) I will have FF lenses ready to go.

Sorry to spoil the party, but AFAIK, nobody knows if the announced ultra-wide zoom will be a 16-35mm...

Officially, Sony says it will be ultra-wide and F4 - the rest is guessing & speculation...

I was wondering to use that 16-35 f4 as my main zoom actually, since it will be 24-50mm (in APS-C) on my A6000 - which is the focal range I use most often (mostly 24-35mm in APS-C).

So my question is how big this zoom may be or how small? I was hoping for OSS, but it won't have it probably? Do I need it on that FL anyway? I also hope this time Zeiss will make sharp zoom across the frame, not like FE24-70, where 24-28 range is soft on edges and corners.

Again, we don't know its focal length range and if stabilization is included, so once more "pure wondering", I guess...

Having said this, it's more a less safe to predict the lens to be smaller than the FE 24-70 F4 OSS sibling...

Hope this is of any help...

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow