ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alithenake
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
My experience with the new SONY a6000
10 months ago

Hello again,

I'm once again the lucky winner when it comes to first test the new SONYs in my country, so here are some hands-on samples and some tests I already did while completing the review which is still in the makings.

To put it simple: I'm blown away by the speed of AF, even in low light. Also the performance of the camera in low light situations is incredible, giving sharp results even hand-held.

I have in test 3 lenses: the kit 16-50, the Zeiss 16-70 f4 and Sony G 18-105 F4 (which in my opinion is too big for this little guy).

Being asked, I made some comparison shots (even if it's not in my character) and thus I somehow screwed it a little (the kit lens is not F4 all the way, so at 35 mm focals and 50 mm is actually F5.6). But, anyway, I let the images do the talk

You'll find all images with every lens, at different focals and apertures, high res (jpeg out of camera) and also these charts I created with also left and right crops here.

Some night shots:

Continuous AF, kid running towards me. Flash off-camera 1/8 power and bounced off a wall.

Canon 50mm f1.4, manually focused with the help of peak focus, superb sensor dynamics.

This is all by now, I'll be back to you if interested. The review will be ready, I hope, by the end of this week and will be posted on my blog: http://www.aLLinpopescu.ro

Regards,

Alin.

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow