Ayoh
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!
In reply to moving_comfort, 6 months ago

moving_comfort wrote:

Interesting tidbit from the recent Fujifilm rep interview:

Q: "Do you want to compete against professional full frame cameras?"

Toshihisa Iida: "Inevitably yes, we have to compete against full-frame. The professional market is very segmented, and for example for sports photography I think the X-T1 is already competitive. So yes, I’d like to challenge full-frame."

At least one rumour site is interpreting this as "Fuji will release a FF camera," but that's not what he said - he said "challenge full frame," which could mean "Our aps-c Xtrans sensor is what we consider our 'challenge.'"

I wonder what he exactly meant, or even if he possibly meant to be wilfully obtuse.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

Talk about over inflated confidence there; how are they competitive in sports photography while offering no suitable lenses? There is a 50-200mm kit lens and that is all. It is a shame about the current state of credulity amongst the photographic reporters who seem to rarely challenge marketing talk. That is why every week there is a new camera with the fastest AF in the "world"*

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow