Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dadaoftwo
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?
Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?
10 months ago

I am a current EM5 owner, but have been reluctant to pay the premium for an EM1 as I don't consider it to be much of an upgrade - specifically, the lack of AF-C.

As my nickname suggests, I am a father of two, and have been really frustrated at not being able to take those photos of my kids running towards me with the delirious smile plastered all over their faces as only kids can when they're running. I've had to be content with taking running shots from the side as then I have more time to focus and manually track their lateral runs. But these shots are often disappointing as the smiles just aren't captured - any attempt at using AF-C (or C-AF) has been a disaster on my EM5!

But now comes the XT-1, and it's weather-sealed, and although lacking in stabilisation, Fuji has lenses which have OIS. But the biggest plus, a (seemingly) working AF-C function!

Is there anyone here who has switched camps from EM5 to any of the X-Series cameras? What other factors do I need to consider? The price points between the EM1 and XT-1 are quite similar too!

dadaoftwo's gear list:dadaoftwo's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow