For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
StevieF
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
I can afford it........but,
In reply to Rich Rosen, 6 months ago

This post in this forum is dangerous as I don't (yet) own an FX camera so I guess, for a start, for some, that means I can't offer anything here - and shouldn't even try. I just dip into this forum to try and see which way the FX wind is blowing in Nikon - and the Df threads are quite entertaining!

I just wanted to agree with you about your comments the 'can't afford it, jealousy.....etc etc' posted elsewhere about the Df. Well said.

I offer no user opinions whatsoever about the Df (don't own it, never handled one) and I wish all owners every success with it - their choice, what's it got to do with me?

Conversely, the inference that non-purchasers are somehow consumed by jealously and are crying themselves to sleep because they can't afford it is one of the most ludicrous and highly assumptive comments I have ever read in the whole of DPR, and is the reason why I jumped in here.

I've used Nikon (D)SLRs all my life, I can certainly see the heritage and I could afford the Df - but I choose not to for reasons which I will not elaborate on - it does not make me a bad person and I'm not plotting the overthrow of the Df-using aristocracy through jealousy.

I sincerely hope all Df users enjoy their camera - and (the odd one or two of) you don't have to feel sorry for the rest of us and throw us your cast off Coolpix 8800's into the gutter (still got mine and it's not going anywhere, thanks)

Retro is so last week

Steve

-- hide signature --

You may think that - I couldn't possibly comment.

StevieF's gear list:StevieF's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Ricoh GR Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow