Shooting in Varanasi with the X-Pro1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
khunfred
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Re: Comments on comments
In reply to ulfie, 5 months ago

ulfie wrote:

Someone commented about "some cold and modern reality" in India. I doubt India has become that sterile since I was there 30+ years ago. What I meant by new India was not nuclear reactors (or nuclear bombs which they do have) but rather newer architecture, clothing styles, transport, media, etc. Also I was surprised by the dearth of women shown in this set of images. And last, I agree with others that color in India is integral to what India is. (Smells too, but can't capture those with digital cameras.) The one evening ghat scene hints at those colors and their effects. Like to see more though.

Did I say that modern India is sterile? As many emerging countries, an amazing modernity is flourishing in India.

I think these photoes are excellent, I like them, but like another reader already wrote, they are stereotyped. Very good job, but stereotyped. Most of the readers will prefer stereotypes. It's more romantic. If you compare a shot of a sacred cow and a shot of a tractor, you will see what I mean.

By the way, India has started producing nuclear power more than 50 years ago.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow