>>> Street Photography eXchange #85 <<<

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,203Gear list
Like?
Re: MOMA again
In reply to Sal18, 5 months ago

Sal18 wrote:

what i like about this is the way that the rectilinearity gets wrung through the lens--that the horizontal line on the bottom of the frame has become a diagonal by the top of it. the figures are also spaced well, and although i would normally recommend preparing your file for display with a more manageable resolution (something around 1000~1200 pixels in the long dimension seems like a pretty good bet to me these days--in a few more years it might be more than that, but so far more is usually wasted), in this case with all the small figures it is nice to be able to scroll around the image at full size and kind of search through them in wheres waldo fashion, checking for details that expand your picture. i am not thrilled at the number of people who are looking right at your camera, but given the overall number who aren't, i think it works out.

what i like not so much, is the graininess combined with a pale shadow end of the tonal range. a curve adjustment would probably improve that to my eye. most of all, and especially given what i like about the horizontal lines at the bottom of the frame, is that the top right corner of the balcony is cut off--i think it would really help to have that there to emphasize the twisting sensation of the lines.

There's no snow in there and it's warm…. which is a big attraction.

well, fair enough, but snow can make for unusual pictures, and cold makes people do unusual things, so there are opportunities to be had… just as long as you increase your intake of coffee correspondingly.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
drumNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow