Show me your neck straps.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,605Gear list
Like?
Re: Does is slide around as nice as the Blackrapid or Optech?
In reply to phazelag, 10 months ago

phazelag wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Klarno wrote:

Neck straps are universally ergonomically awful, and the ones that are the least awful ergonomically are also the least likely to actually fit in a camera bag. Slings are the solution to world peace. You can use it as a neck strap if you really want though.

Quick release attachments visible dangling off the smaller camera.

-- hide signature --

I use the Peak Design Leash as well, and can recommend it. It fits ideally to a smaller camera (E-M1) and can be easily stuffed into a photo bag, when not needed. For me the time for big neck straps with large parts of foam are over.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

I like this for its small size in a camera bag, but is is awkward sliding the camera up? I am just imagining it getting stuck on clothes or a jacket depending on the material. Looks like the whole strap has to move around you, unlike the two in the title that stay in place but allow free movement.

I love my Blackrapid straps, but I am tired of taking the tripod lug off to change the battery or card.

The webbing this strap uses is very, very slick--like seat belt material. It doesn't really get caught on anything, I've found. And it's quick enough to disconnect from the strap as needed.

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow