ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric Lawton
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Canon Powershot G15 - REALLY WEIRD PROBLEM!! HELP PLEASE
9 months ago

Ok,

I have been shooting for 10 years, and have dealt with many camera issues that I have been able to explain in the end.  THIS issue however, I cannot seem to figure out.

Basically, when I have this camera on any of the PHOTO shooting modes, there are two mall spots that appear on the LCD screen, one white spot on the left middle side of the screen, and one small orange spot on the middle right side of the screen.  At first glance it looked like dead pixels in the screen.  Well, I took a photo and went to review it on the camera screen, and POOF, the spots were gone.  I went into the camera menu system and the spots did not show up there either.

Just to double check, I reviewed the images closely on the computer and the spots were not on the images there either.  Here is the weirdest part of all of this....When I switch the mode dial to MOVIE mode, the spots disappear completely and everything looks fine.  This not a huge issue, but I just paid for this as a pre owned camera that was a advertised as working perfectly, and other than these weird spots, everything is fine.  The spots re more annoying that anything else since they don't show up on the images.

Does anyone have an idea of what tho could be?  I would be SO appreciative to get some advice here.

Thanks SO much!

Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow