Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Spaar
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
Pricing of 7d vs 70d
8 months ago

Just wondering why still the pricing of the 7d is higher than the 70d by 300-400 dollars?

Don't get me wrong. I love my 7d, faster AF, more accurate AF, raw/jpg button(thanks), qmenu button, still get to use my CF cards, 3 programming modes, removed the rarely used creative zone modes. My 50d will enjoy a much deserved rest as my backup wedding B/W and wildlife cam.

The 7d feels to me more geared toward the serious photographer. Not much into the video yet, but can see it need later. always seems to be one of the moments in weddings that a video might have served the client more than a still.

Just wondering with all the talk about 70 being so much more in image quality etc  than the 7, Why are the big camera houses still selling the 7 for so much more?

-- hide signature --

A purist at heart to protect the art

John Spaar's gear list:John Spaar's gear list
Canon PowerShot G2 Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow