For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rich Rosen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,441Gear list
Like?
Re: For those who thought the Df flopped...
In reply to dread_tai, 10 months ago

dread_tai wrote:

RodluvanII wrote:

ravduc wrote:

He would love to have one but he can't afford it,

Classy.

-- hide signature --

www.martinilux.com

+1

i was thinking the same thing when i first read that.........how old is he? 9? 10? i keep hearing this same tired/infantile response from others as well regarding this camera, and it's lame. if that's the best defense, then better to not say anything at all, and at least appear as a "mature adult".

Add another agree to RodiuvantII remark, and I certainly agree with your take on ravduc's comment. I am beginning to understand the strong reactions to those who have anything to say about the Df that is not positive. "Those of us who choose not buy it are envious of those who can, because we can't afford it."  They ignore, or pay lip service only to the possibility that the Df is not for everybody. They ignore or pay lip service to fallibilities of the Df. In reality,   Shotcents, and ravduc and others need their buying decision to be positively reinforced. I guess they feel somewhat insecure about it, deep down. They take it personally, and they attack personally, those who don't agree with them.  The whole point of this thread is to reinforce the decisions made by Df adapters. The thread isn't about its capabilities; it is simply about the fact that it is selling well in certain parts of the world. I guess that makes buyers happy to hear that.

My decision not to buy the camera has nothing to do with its capabilities. It does have to do with its value/performance. I don't feel it is worth its performance. Others do. Great. But don't tell me I am not buying it because I can't afford it. I and others are very capable of making decisions that do not include envy.

Rich Rosen's gear list:Rich Rosen's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D1X Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow