G1X mkII: No HDR, DR, 60fps @1080p and panorama, at such a high price?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
VaLeX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056Gear list
Like?
The only thing really missing from this camera ...
In reply to skyform, 6 months ago

The only thing really missing from this camera is weather sealing. This lack is defeating its purpose. I mean, this camera is design as an all-in-one, compact, take everywhere, capable camera. Good IQ and versatile lens, with no need to change lenses. Basically, one doesn't need more than this camera in journey around the world. If she wants to travel light. Yet, it is not weather-sealed. You can't risk getting it out in a light rain, you can't risk taking it on a windy beach. If sand enters between the two pieces of barrel that constitute the zoom, it's all finished (I've had a similar experience with an older G5? G6?). That particular mechanism for covering the front lens is also very delicate. If sand enters between those leaves, it will block the camera. I'd have preferred an traditional, replaceable, plastic cap.

So, forget about HDR and other tricks of digital manipulation. First, you have to be able to take the picture while preserving the integrity of the camera.

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying!
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/huzururmuz/

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow