Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
joel artino
Contributing MemberPosts: 846Gear list
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to Cheryl A, 6 months ago

Cheryl A wrote:

Joel,

No doubt that the LX7 is better than the LX5...much better low light capability, and the pics I've seen have been excellent. I have been very happy with my LX5 and, gotten pics that I am very pleased with, and a little PP works wonders. A lot has to do with the timing of one's camera purchase. I had the LX3 but jumped on the LX5 for the additional zoom.

My reasons for buying the GX7 have a lot to do with its versatility - Tiltable screen, great viewfinder, touch screen, wi-fi (which I have yet to set up), built in flash plus a hotshoe, and all the various lens options. Maybe most importantly, the ability to capture lower light pics. Most of mine are of grandchildren, family events, and pets rather than landscapes. I really wasn't in the market for a new camera, but occasionally peruse the Panasonic site to see what's new...nothing really appealed to me; either no viewfinder or no hotshoe, etc. When I recently came across the GX7 and researched it, I was very excited - it has everything I wanted and lots more! I forced myself to impatiently wait for a price drop, then went for it.

If there isn't a camera out there right now that's getting you excited, perhaps the best thing is to wait awhile until you find the one that does. You have an excellent camera with manual controls and lots of features. New models are coming out all the time. I'd probably wait until I fell in love with one of them.

Cheryl

I agree with you totally and hope you really enjoy the GX7.  And thanks again for your help.

And speaking of pets, here's one of our sweet Tibetan Terrier, Bella and her brother, Nico the cat.

Joel

joel artino's gear list:joel artino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow