Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas Kachadurian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,008Gear list
Like?
Ideal, but yet mythical m43 lens kit.
10 months ago

When I'm shooting m43 it's to travel light, but I still want a range of lenses from very wide to short tele.

I've been carrying the 9-18, 20mm and 45f1.8. It's a good kit, but I don't always love the gap from 20 to 45.

Since I bought a gm1 I've got a new perfect plan.

I'll still carry the 45, because it's perfect for me at the long end. I really like the 12-32 for its size and very effective IS. It also solves the gap problem as 32 to 45 is never too big a jump. I also find that 12-32 covers much of my shooting. The thing that would finish this perfect set would be an 8mm or 9mm small prime. (I mostly use my 9-18 at the wide end.) It seems like a 9mm f4 pancake would be a huge success. Even not a pancake but a 8mm or 9mm f2.8 the size of the 45f1.8 would be a dream.

For a super wide like this it doesn't even need AF, so it could be a Rokinon or Voigtlander. I do have the 7.5 fisheye which I do love, but I want something recilinear.

Anyone with me?

Tom

www.kachadurian.com
Call me crazy. I happen to like photos of cats.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow