Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!
In reply to moving_comfort, 10 months ago

Hi mc,

Yes, I noticed that interview and those comments too.  He was asked whether they were going to compete, not whether they would make a FF camera, so he's answered exactly in the terms of the language of the question, and it's left the more concrete question about an FF camera open.....  We can debate as much as we like whether he means they'll compete with an APSC sensor or whether he literally means that in the future they will produce an FF camera.

Fuji's lens range is ostensibly APSC, but as we see in the Pentax range, some lenses cover FF and others don't. It's still early days for the FF mirror-less market. I'm guessing that they'll be observing how Sony's mirror-less FF venture works and they'll compete if there's good business in it.

I don't know whether we can infer anything about whether Pentax is more or less likely to compete with an FF DSLR model from these comments.  They're already competing with a leading 24mpx APSC DSLR, but that simply doesn't cover all needs and preferences.  The FF DSLR market is already well established.  The crucial question for Pentax is whether it's viable for a fourth player.

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow