Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
joel artino
Contributing MemberPosts: 842Gear list
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to Cheryl A, 6 months ago

Cheryl A wrote:

Looks like you've made a decision, but I'll share a couple of my completely, totally,absolutely unscientific newbie comparison pics between LX5 and GX7 for the heck of it....all taken sitting on a table, matrix metering, color set to vivid/vibrant without alterations, ISO 125 both cameras. First two pics at 24mm LX5 f2.0 and GX7 28mm f3.5; Second are both at 50mm (equiv), LX5 at f2.7, GX7-f5.6. The GX7 nailed the colors.

Cheryl

LX5

GX7

LX5

GX7

Hi Cheryl,

I'm not really ready to pull the trigger quite yet.  To my eyes on my 27" iMac there isn't much difference at all in the second comparison and a bit that probably could be taken care of easily in PP in the first.  And the LX7 is a bit better tun the LX5 I had, IMHO.

I know many will probably say I'm blind, but every time I see these kind of comparisons in "real life" photos, there really isn't much difference to me.  The LX7 is darn good when viewing images on a good monitor.

Would really like to know what you think?

And thanks so much for doing this for me.

Joel

joel artino's gear list:joel artino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow