Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,759Gear list
Like?
Re: The unflagging groundswell...
In reply to sgoldswo, 5 months ago

sgoldswo wrote:

Stephan K wrote:

If Nikon had used similar clean design cues for the Df as the Fuji XT-1 or the Olympus E-M1 or E-M5

They did, or maybe I'm missing something here? The Df is beautiful, particularly so compared to the E-M1 which I also own.

Regardless - I've rarely seen a camera so consistently generate interest (both positive and negative).

Indeed. But within the circle of pros that I know, the Df is a hit. Of course none of us add up features vs. cost. The camera either suits or it doesn't.

The Df was intended for a niche that it has clearly hit squarely. It's not for gear heads or arm-chair shooters or folks who wrestled with saving up for a D600 and a few lenses. As I said before, it's a bit of a indulgence. That it happens to deliver incredible IQ, well that's the payoff for those who got beyond appearances and figured out where it sat in the lineup.

That doesn't mean everyone who passed on it made a poor decision. To most people I'd suggest a D800 or D4 or 5DIII over all the rest. The Df is best for people who know what it is and know how to make use of it's strengths and have fun!

ISO 8000 right out of camera...

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow