how can the NEX auto-focus miss these shots?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,801Gear list
Like?
Re: how can the NEX auto-focus miss these shots?
In reply to Manny316, 5 months ago

Manny316 wrote:

Sir Punk wrote:

I know the photographer makes a difference but I am getting annoyed with my nex 5R because sometimes it misses good shots where autofocus and the subject in question shouldn't be trivial to figure out it should be in focus. I don't always or want to change the focus point because sometimes there is just no time and it should be evident. Look here... what do you guys think? I had face detection on (regist faces) but I have no faces registered, regardless, why is it focusing on everything else but the subject in the center. I have multi-area focus mode. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

this looks to be in better focus until you look at it closer or in full screen

I feel your pain. I tried using the Sel 50mm 1.8 for indoor basketball once. I used center focus point and even for stationary moments the Auto-focus was atrocious. Let's just say I went back to using manual focus lenses for sports.

Center auto-focus on the players chest

. Camera focused on the coach instead.

-- hide signature --

Feel free to leave comments on my pictures
Produce images that make you most happiest.

You could try it again, this time using Sports Action mode.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow