Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kodak1888
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Aux lenses on my LX7
10 months ago

I have a couple of older Olympus auxiliary lenses that I tried on the LX 7 just to see how they would do. Here are the lenses on my LX7 to show how big they are. They are pretty heavy too.

Of course they both vignette at the wide end. I have to zoom out on the wide one about 1/3 of the way, and I wouldn't use the tele one at the wide end anyway.

Here also are a couple of test pictures out my front door to show their coverage as compared to the LX7. On the wide one the dashed line shows what the LX7 would cover as opposed to using the wide aux lens, and the dashed line on the tele one shows what the aux lens would show at it's tele setting compared to the LX7 at tele.

The quality of these test shots is very bad because I reduced them so much. The actual pictures with the aux lenses were very good.

As I said this was just a test. The size and weight of these aux lenses means I wouldn't really use them.

....Fred

Aux tele lens compared to LX7 tele

Aux wide lens as compared to LX7 wide

Olympus 0.7x wide

Olympus 0.7x wide

Olympus 1.7x tele

Olympus 1.7x tele

kodak1888's gear list:kodak1888's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow