Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,669Gear list
Like?
how to get E-M1 to shoot RAW only
8 months ago

As problems go, this one's pretty minor. But it is annoying. I cannot seem to get my E-M1 to generate raw files only.

I am 99.9% sure that I've set this correctly. It shouldn't be terribly difficult and doesn't seem to be. I have tried it two different ways:

1. Hit OK, select what appears to be the file output options setting on the right, and move the selection to "RAW" plain and simple.  (Other options include LF, LF + RAW, etc.)
  2. Alternatively I can  bring up the super control panel, select the second column in the last row (between image stabilizer and aspect), hit OK, and select RAW as in #1.

That's what I've done. In the SCP it shows "RAW". Ditto in the menu of settings that appears on the monitor when I hit OK. I don't see a third way to do this (say, through the menu).

But I'm getting both a raw file and a high-res (4608x3456) jpeg of every picture I take.

I am unaware of any other setting in the camera that might force jpegs to be written as well as ORF files. The only thing that seems remotely suggestive is Custom menu > H (Record/Erase) > RAW+JPEG Erase, which I have set to RAW+JPEG. But the help for this option says this allows me to "Choose the action performed when a picture at RAW+JPEG is erased." When I shoot RAW+JPEG and erase a picture, I'd like them BOTH to be erased, so this seems the right setting. But when I shoot only RAW or only JPEG, I assume that this setting is irrelevant.

Any suggestions?

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow