Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
SimonOL
Contributing MemberPosts: 871Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi
In reply to mike geier, 9 months ago

mike geier wrote:

go figure is right

I can't and haven't seen any focusing problems and like I said that's with over 20,000 images, and three bodies, although I only have two now

Only had one BIG problem as mentioned before, with the movie button, and that was fixed first physically by me with a grommet, and then by SONY with a firmware fix. That's the extent of my complaints for the NEX 7

That's cool - no need for you to think about up/downgrading to the A6000 then and that's a good place to be

I really enjoy my NEX-7 and have few complaints - but it's my only camera and it does have some 'not so good' things. AF is accurate and fast enough most of the time, but it doesn't do action/tracking so well. I don't have the option of reaching for the dslr when really fast AF is required. Also things get very noisy above ISO16000 and sometimes I don't want to spend too much time in lightroom processing files - sometimes I actually want to shoot jpeg only! Better high ISO would be useful.

If they've managed to make the 16mm (and various other UWA lenses) work on the updated 24mp sensor without colour cast or smearing issues then that would also be nice! Who knows whether that will be the case - I'll wait for reviews.

In common with every camera ever, the A6000 won't appeal to everybody but will (hopefully) give some of us something worthwhile

If you don't need it, great - don't buy it!

SimonOL's gear list:SimonOL's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow