16MP NEX6 to 24MP A6000: ISO 100-400 IQ-will it lose its silky smoothness?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,572Gear list
Like?
16MP NEX6 to 24MP A6000: ISO 100-400 IQ-will it lose its silky smoothness?
10 months ago

I thought it was a slam dunk for me to get the A6000 solely based on the improvement in the AF system. On second thought however, I am a bit concerned with the image quality of the A6000 particularly in ISO 100-400. I shoot mostly in this ISO range.

Reason why I asked is I that I made a mistake of trading my 10MP Canon 40D for a 15MP 50D. I found that there were some noise in the shadow areas even in low ISO for the 50D whereas the 40D was relatively cleaner. Ditto for the 18MP 7D, it has some noise even in low ISOs. As a matter of fact, that's the reason why I am still holding on to the 7 year old 1DMKIII because of its silky smoothness. So I would like to see low to mid ISO files from the production copy of the A6000 before I buy one.

Best regards,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow