For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212Gear list
Like?
Re: The unflagging groundswell...
In reply to Stephan K, 9 months ago

Perhaps Stephan,

Nasim does a good job of recounting the unfounded speculation and anticipation of the DF in his review. Proposing that that may also have played a hand in it. Some have said in the comments that their frustration is really directed at Nikon for giving them a Df when they want successors to the D700 and D300s.

I for my part have stepped away from engaging in the "shutter dial controversy" debate. I respect the positions taken on the subject and see no benefit from further discussion. If it were changed it would mean much less to me than it would to those who want it changed. As such I welcome it.

My sentiment is that the Df is a good thing for us all. It has been 3 months, we should no longer be hung up on what the camera could have been or should have been. Instead lets focus on the good things the camera delivered.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow