How do you keep track of your lens cap?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Nippero
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
Re: Check the Hoocap
In reply to Mike Fewster, 7 months ago

Mike Fewster wrote:

I am posting this again because I think my previous contribution to the thread wasn't noticed because of the heading I used.

The Hoocap is brilliant and has won several awards. One touch and it changes from lens cap to lens shade while staying on the lens. Very nicely made. Unfortunately it only is made for one mft lens, the Panasonic 14-42. If enough asked, I am sure they would make other sizes.

http://petapixel.com/2012/09/30/hoocap-a-lens-cap-that-transforms-into-a-hood-and-vice-versa/

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

I would love to get one of these if they made them for my GM1 kit lens or 20/1.7

They list the Panasonic 14-42 as the only lens supported. I'm assuming compatibility depends on filter size and FL vs hood shape? Any tips on a Hoocap for the GM1 kit's 37mm or the more common 46mm used by many m43 lenses?

Nippero's gear list:Nippero's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow