Panny 25mm 1.4 vs Olympus 25mm 1.8 Reviewed

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,638
Like?
Re: I could care less about the fundamentals of digital imaging...
In reply to peppermonkey, 7 months ago

peppermonkey wrote:

Dave Sanders wrote:

Lawrence22 wrote:

The PL25 gives more richness in color and better 3Ddimensionality is quite obvious.

Lawrence

...complete bunk. Honestly, to even say so shows that you misunderstand the fundamentals of digital imaging.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

because my eyes tells me (at least with the Robin Wong samples) that the Panny 1.4 does have a more 3D look to it's images. I'm uncertain about richness of colours but the differences in colour gradients is much more smoother in the Panny.

I could care less about the how or wide, I just see it when I see the photos.

Without more images to compare, I can't really say if they are that different but at least with the images shown by Robin Wong, that is what I see.

-- hide signature --

Hubert
My non-digital gear: Agfa Isolette, Fed 2, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2457111090_00eafbf8a4_m.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

Back when I shot Canon bodies I shot both the EF 50/1.8 MKI and Leica Summicron-R 50. No one will try to tell you that the "nifty-fifty" is anywhere near the Leica in quailtity. I had a decent focusing screen, but still shot my EF 50 at least half the time. After shooting both and just looking at the photos taken by each that were a success, I came to realize that the subtle qualities of the Leica rarely made the difference between a truly good photo or not. Yes, some photos had that Leica look, but, it was always a secondary effect. Of course it helps that in real life you don't take duplicate photos to compare... but had the Summicron had consistently resulted in much better photos I would have just used it, but since it didn't, the lessor EF 50 being much lighter and having AF still had usefulness.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MIJNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow