Possibility of shooting flying bird with Fuji X-T1 and 55-200?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zither
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Re: Possibility of shooting flying bird with Fuji X-T1 and 55-200?
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, 8 months ago

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

I happen to have a EM1 and 75-300MkII as well as a Panny 35-100 f2.8. Frankly NEITHER of those are fast enough to TRACK a flying bird with any consistency. Some get fortunate and out of a series of shots or high speed shooting nail one. From all indications the Fuji is superior at tracking moving subjects. Its largest weakness at this point is the 55-200 is the longest lens they are providing at this time. Still, it would have a higher chance of hitting a flying bird with any consistency as opposed to the Oly. I would know...been there done that. Focus tracking on the Olympus OR the Panasonic mft bodies is an exercise in futility at this point. They are NOT There. slower moving subjects can be captured, but the faster the worse it gets on a mft body and lens combo.

Thanks for sharing the experience with Olympus EM1. I thought (or heard) Olympus has the fastest AF in mirrorless world, and even faster than Fuji X-T1, but have no idea of it's CF or tracking ability. So based on your description it's only good and fast for static object´╝č

zither's gear list:zither's gear list
Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow