Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
joel artino
Contributing MemberPosts: 842Gear list
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to mmmmmmmm, 6 months ago

mmmmmmmm wrote:

I just recently bought the "M" with both the f2.0 22mm and the 18-55 kit lens. I too do a lot of traveling and wanted something to take on vacations other than the D700 or D800 Nikon with assorted lenses. I too got tired of changing lenses and carrying tripods. I looked at several different brands of cameras but in the end I thought the "M" was a bargain for the price. It may not focus quite at fast as some but it more than makes up with quality enlargements. I wanted a sensor larger than normal point and shoots and the Canon APS-C sized sensor it the spot.

I didn't buy the camera for sports but for mostly scenic or stationary objects. If I need the speed then I will use my D700 or D800.

To be honest, Canon color is hard to beat, if impossible at all. Their may be other cameras out there that are better but when it comes to color.

respectfully,

David Miller

David,

Thanks for your response.  I got tired of lugging a DSLR and 3 lenses all over Europe, sitting on benches changing lenses too often, so about 4 years ago, I sold all my gear, bought a Canon S95 and then an LX7 which has become quite a good traveling companion.  But it would be nice to have a larger sensor camera that isn't much bigger and maybe one extra lens.

Joel

joel artino's gear list:joel artino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow