A6000 announcement...my individual opinion.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael J Hoffman
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
A6000 announcement...my individual opinion.
6 months ago

I am not impressed with the specs of the "new" Sony A6000.  A recent poster mentioned that it was not really much different from the NEX-7, and I tend to agree.  To those for whom autofocus is a major selling point, this new model may be quite interesting.  For me its not a saleable feature because I own NEX cameras specifically for the purpose of attaching my legacy Leica and Voigtlander lenses to a digital camera that yields excellent image quality.  I think there are a significant number of NEX users who do the same.  I have a NEX-6.  At the time I bought my NEX-6, I had the choice of the 24 megapixel NEX-7.  My digital experience has taught me that the increase from 16 to 24 megapixels would not produce any appreciable real-world benefit on my preferred 12 X 18 inch inkjet prints from my Epson printer.  That negates the benefit of the A6000's pixel pitch.

Its not that the A6000 is unimpressive; its that it is not more impressive for NEX-6 and NEX-7 users who, like me, bought those cameras specifically for the purpose of incorporating their legacy lenses from the film era into their digital workflow.  I prefer the manual mechanical feel of my old lenses to any of the autofocus stuff I have used.  If Sony were to offer a rangefinder styled body with a the same full-frame sensor of the A7 and/or A7R, that would capture my interest.  Until then, no sale.

Michael

-- hide signature --

'One must always take photos with the greatest respect for the subject and for oneself.' Henri Cartier-Bresson

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow