Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hankw
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Honey, I just saved us $3,460...I ordered a Fuji X-T1
10 months ago

Yes, I know when I retired 20 years ago and bought the Hasselblad outfit, I said I would not need to buy any more cameras for the rest of my life. But things have changed. If I still used that outfit I would need to buy velvia film for $5.99 and get it developed at a professional lab for $8.25. That amounts to $1.19 per photo! In the new photo world, we pay nothing (Zilch) for film and development but we do need to buy new camera bodies as new developments of equipment occur.

Now, I take fewer photos today – only about 4,000 in a year – so the film and development would cost us $4,760 a year. The X-T1 is only costing $1,300, so we are saving $3,460 this year with the new system where I upgrade cameras rather than buy film!

By the way, you were hinting at what I might like for my 85th birthday. You know the new 16-55 lens is weather proofed, just like the new body.

I love you, Honey…

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow