Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,520Gear list
Like?
500mm f/4L X 2III with A7R Sydney Tower
2 months ago

I have been waiting for a Canon camera with more megapixels for years now. The Sony A7R has 36 Mp and it does a good job resolving detail even with the 2 times tele-extender. I tend not to use this extender because of lackluster results in the past. The 1.4 is usually sharp. The photo was taken on a warm day so there is plenty of heat distortion. I finally resolved the little lightning symbol on the antenna in the middle at the top. The people outside doing the Sydney Tower walk are recognizable.

I used a tripod and 2 second delay. Used a Metabones 3 smart adapter. Used magnified view with focus peaking for clearest photos. This should be a good combination for those bird people.

Photo posted here at the original size. Some editing in Photoshop, Perfect Effects, and Topaz deNoise.

Vince

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow