For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,926Gear list
Like?
Re: For those who thought the Df flopped...
In reply to paulski66, 7 months ago

paulski66 wrote:

dread_tai wrote:

RodluvanII wrote:

ravduc wrote:

He would love to have one but he can't afford it,

Classy.

-- hide signature --

www.martinilux.com

+1

i was thinking the same thing when i first read that.........how old is he? 9? 10? i keep hearing this same tired/infantile response from others as well regarding this camera, and it's lame. if that's the best defense, then better to not say anything at all, and at least appear as a "mature adult".

+2

We're in the Nikon FX forum, ffs. We all own pretty expensive cameras. Duh.

At this point the facts are in. The Df is not for everyone. It has outstanding IQ. It's lacking some features found on D610 and D800, but is very expensive. Some love it, some don't. It's a niche product, produced in smaller quantities than other DSLRs.

Folks who enjoy the Df are "targeted" in personal attacks or told "what they should want/need." Some of those critics have vanished, but new critics with just a few dozen posts have taken their place. Hmmmm.

The #1 complaint, as pointed out by others, is the PRICE. They moan over the AF, but we all know the AF is very good and so on. The PRICE is the issue and when you hear that; well, one thing is clear: Some of these critics view the Df as out of their reach and that angers them. How do we know this? VERY simple; because they direct the frustration at the people who own the Df too often for it to be anything else.

It's a classic case of sour grapes. Not for everyone of course and a few people here actually spent time with the Df and STILL dislike it. That's valid and I respect that 100% just as I should be respected for not wanting a D4 or D610.

But again, you won't find me bashing those products and calling it "free speech" and saying my negative views should be allowed to troll every positive thread on the Df.

So I agree that it's sour grapes. They like the Df and want it for 2K or less. They can't have it so they're mad. It shows. And that's that.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow