Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
boblu
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to Phily, 5 months ago

Phily wrote:

I own both the LX7 and the EOS-M with the 22mm (that was my "kit lens")

1) The LX7's autofocus is incomparably faster

2) At F 1.4, the LX7 is very sharp. At F 2, the 22mm is also very sharp.

3) I would say that the LX7's sensor at 400 is like the EOS-M's at 2000. But the LX7 at 3200 is like the EOS-M at 6400. Of course with a lower pixel count, the EOS-M would be even better. But don't forget the LX7's substantial speed advantage. In general, the EOS-M's IQ is better. But the LX7's IQ is already very good.

4) The LX7's MTF mode has no equivalent in the EOS-M. And the minimum speed feature also is brilliant in the LX7 and sorely missing in the EOS-M

5) The in-camera HDR is very usable in the LX7 because it is very fast. It is not as usable in the EOS-M which shoots 3 times in a row quite slowly

6) In operation the LX7 is much faster

7) The LX7 has a flash. Not the EOS-M

8) The battery life of the LX7 seems better.

9) The zoom range and speed of the LX7 are better than the 18-55 IS

Conclusion: For most of my uses, the LX7 is a much better camera. Unless in low light when I cannot use the flash, I miss it when carry the EOS-M. If I were to spend $300 again (what I paid for the EOS-M), I would buy instead another LX7, just to be safe. Not sure what Panasonic will replace it with. It is really an excellent package.

I sold both.

They are two different cameras--not compariable.

LX7 (only has 10mp) is good P&S compact camera but the image quality is not comparable with M(18 mp), in most situations. I like Full HD video part of LX7. But for M, you can control manually with HD video (30p) as well--even with external mic. Don't like the color rendered in LX7 and the white balance is more yellowish. For M, good camera for still shot. But the AF hunting and inaccurate cause some out of focus images/videos as well.

So just wait for LX8 or LX9, and M3:)

boblu's gear list:boblu's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS 6D Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon 1 J3 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow