Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MPileggi
Regular MemberPosts: 410
Like?
Looking to replace my 35-70 f/2.8 Nikon lens
6 months ago

I’m looking to replace my Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 lens (which I do love for its IQ), as I want something a little wider. I typically shoot cities, street scenes, country side/landscape, people, night/low light photography. I’m also getting in to bird photography and have been using the 70-300mm VR lens (but considering replacing with the 80-400mm VR lens for the extra reach or the 300mm lens). I have the Nikon D7000. When I’m traveling, I will have my camera with me all day.

My first thought in replacing the 35-70 was to get the 24-70 f/2.8 lens but recently found there’s a Nikon 24-120mm f/4G VR Zoom Lens..

I’m looking for a lens with quality/sharpness (I’m not a professional photographer but have sold quite a few photos) and good autofocus speed.

Are there any other lenses that might be as good (Nikon or third party) in this mid-range focal length?

Would appreciate your comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

Monica

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow