Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Markintosh
Contributing MemberPosts: 947Gear list
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to joel artino, 5 months ago

joel artino wrote:

kotmj wrote:

Oh I see you are still deliberating an M and are still fond of the LX7. I used an Olympus XZ-1 for three years, two of which it was my primary camera. A similar camera to the s95 and lx7.

The M is head and shoulders above the XZ-1. It is no longer possible to go back.

I can shoot at ISO 3200 and still get nice pictures. The XZ-1 is unusable at iso800.

The huge, detail-rich files with the lovely canon colors are simply in a different league. Since getting the M, the XZ-1, though I have fond memories with it, just isn't something I can use anymore.

People say the zuiko is spectacular. It is at the wide end, but the longer side is very poor -- very low contrast and resolution.

The 22/2 otoh is a lifetime lens. Utterly incredible.

I hear what you are saying, but just concerned about giving up 24mm on the LX7 for 29mm on the 18-55. How do i compensate for landscapes, take 2 or 3 images and stitch together or ?

S

11-22mm is the most affordable and one of the highest available UWA lens, and not just from Canon. It's also has IS and compact design.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Markintosh.

Markintosh's gear list:Markintosh's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow