Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Markintosh
Contributing MemberPosts: 990Gear list
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to joel artino, 10 months ago

joel artino wrote:

kotmj wrote:

Oh I see you are still deliberating an M and are still fond of the LX7. I used an Olympus XZ-1 for three years, two of which it was my primary camera. A similar camera to the s95 and lx7.

The M is head and shoulders above the XZ-1. It is no longer possible to go back.

I can shoot at ISO 3200 and still get nice pictures. The XZ-1 is unusable at iso800.

The huge, detail-rich files with the lovely canon colors are simply in a different league. Since getting the M, the XZ-1, though I have fond memories with it, just isn't something I can use anymore.

People say the zuiko is spectacular. It is at the wide end, but the longer side is very poor -- very low contrast and resolution.

The 22/2 otoh is a lifetime lens. Utterly incredible.

I hear what you are saying, but just concerned about giving up 24mm on the LX7 for 29mm on the 18-55. How do i compensate for landscapes, take 2 or 3 images and stitch together or ?

S

11-22mm is the most affordable and one of the highest available UWA lens, and not just from Canon. It's also has IS and compact design.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Markintosh.

Markintosh's gear list:Markintosh's gear list
Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow