For those who thought the Df flopped...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ScottRH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,657
Like?
Re: For those who thought the Df flopped...
In reply to adhall, 10 months ago

adhall wrote:

I can't imagine the Nikon executives giving anything other than positive news. It's part of their job...

So the Df is popular in Japan. We already knew that. In most other parts of the world, the anecdotal evidence suggests that sales have been poor. No back orders, not even on day one. Though it would be interesting to see the numbers (if they are ever produced).

Maji wrote:

For the naysayers who thought Df has flopped and is for the hipsters only...

In response to how Df has performed, this is what Nikon executives had to say...

Very well, we’re actually back-ordered in some countries. Even in Japan, we had a tough time getting hold of enough Df samples to display here at CP+ for our visitors. If you order a Df now in Japan you’d have to wait around two months. So if you order now you’d probably end up paying 8% VAT!

The Df is proving very popular, especially among the younger generation - both male and female. Older people know that the Df looks like a traditional camera, but to young people the design is completely new and fresh.

Even internally there was some debate about how the concept of this camera should be positioned in the market but it turned out very well.

Source - http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3890662077/cp-2014-nikon-interview-our-cameras-need-to-evolve

By the way, I don't own a Df and I don't think it meets my needs or style. However, I am glad to see people enjoying their cameras.

>I can't imagine the Nikon executives giving anything other than positive news. It's part of their job...

+1

I agree, it has nothing to do with the failure of the DF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow