Back to X-S1 ;-) ! - is this blooming ??

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
babha
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Back to X-S1 ;-) ! - is this blooming ??
9 months ago

Hallo!

Last year in january i bought my first X-S1 .. liked it a lot .. didn´t like it .. liked it a lot .. and so on. So finally i decided to sell it again and just stay with my DSLR.

After a while i looked at the pictures i took - and really liked them.

So after thinking it over for a while and considering other models i decided to get one again.

It´s a slightly used one, bought from amazon marketplace. Looks very nice - i can´t see that it should have been used at all.

Anyway: first thing i checked was of course serial number .. SHOCK .. 21xx !

Read out exif by photoMe: manufacture date 23.01.2012 !!!

(Latest fw-update is installed: 1.01)

Obviously still the old sensor ..

As it´s sunny outside - seldom enough still - i took two pictures of car metal reflecting the sun.

Compared to some "blooming-examples" i found i would say: rather no blooming in these photos. What do You think?

Of course i was calling Fuji immediatly to find out, if they still replace (or repair) "old" X-S1-cams.

They do.

Aswell i have the possibility to return the cam within 14 days and get my money back.

It was about 100€ cheaper though to what i had to pay for a NEW one ..

What would You do in my case? (Or what else would You check ?! - I think it would be crazy to get rid of the cam if it´s actually working fine, just because it´s "1st generation" ..)

Thanx for Your input - highly appreciated !

Manfred

-- hide signature --
 babha's gear list:babha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Sigma DP2 Fujifilm X-S1 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow